Bandar Kinrara Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
20 August, 2014, 02:49:15 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
17405 Posts in 1397 Topics by 2327 Members
Latest Member: gckee1130
* Home Help Search Login Register
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: DIY Indonesia Maid Permit & Passport Renewal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: DIY Indonesia Maid Permit & Passport Renewal  (Read 14020 times)
michaelnet

View Profile
« on: 29 January, 2011, 06:55:40 AM »

Just want to share my most recent experience

(1) Permit renewal at Malaysia Immigration
- The maid passport must have more than 12 months before expire (new policy according to staff)
- Previously allowed to renew even though less than 12-months before expired, and then extend the permit after passport renewal ( I did it before)

(2) Passport renewal at Indonesia Embassy
- insurance coverage a must (wef 1/1/2011)
- insurance can be bought at any Post Office (cheapest package RM60/year)
- I learned it the hard way. Pay a hefty price to next-door-middleman at the embassy to do it.

For those who intend to DIY passport renewal, document required:
(1) photostat copy of maid passport (1x)
(2) photostat copy of owner IC (2x)
(3) perjanjian kontrak kerja (3x)
(4) maid and owner need to go together (representative allowed with authorise letter)
(5) photocopy of proof of insurance - receipt/covernote (1x)

Cost of DIY Passport (RM91)
(1) Half day leave (should be enough)
(2) Parking - RM10
(3) Passport - RM18 (bring small change)
(3) Insurance - RM60
(4) Photocopy - RM3 (next door)
(The embassy provide photocopy services, maybe cheaper)
Note : Photo is now taken at the embassy and straight into the computer. No more physical photo.

beekay

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 29 January, 2011, 10:06:28 PM »

My friend maid run away after half year and they paid about 7k to maid agency. Are they any laws to protect employers from maids runaway?
nea
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 28 February, 2011, 03:04:23 PM »

where can we have a copy of the Perjanjian Kontrak?  Is it true that the employer and the maid will have to go through interview process?
michaelnet

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 05 March, 2011, 09:52:59 PM »

Passport application form and perjanjian kontrak kerja form will be given when you queue up for passport renewal. Get your maid to queue up while you fill up the form.

Note that you will have to declare that the maid salary is RM600 (minimum) to avoid any problem.

As for the interview, my maid and I did not go through any interview. I notice the same for another guy that I got to know there.
oracle
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 01 June, 2011, 01:45:43 PM »

where did you park your car? can we park inside the embassy? if not, which building is the nearest to the embassy?

what time you reached there? take how many hours to finish it?

pls advise.

thank you.
michaelnet

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 03 July, 2011, 07:24:24 AM »

Oracle,

This info is late for you but may benefit others.

There is a private parking just next door before the embassy. It is actually the compound for a restaurant. RM10 per entry. Most likely the most expensive but the nearest.

Try to reach there early (6.30am from Puchong), not to avoid the crowd but to avoid the traffic congestion  ;D.

Bring newspaper / book to pass time.

Cheers.
Nkhot111
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 21 October, 2012, 08:33:33 AM »

My maid recently returned home after several years. I had hoped for her to continue, as it's impossible to get a new one these days. Is there a grace period after expiry, whereby the Jabatan Immig allows one to reemploy the same maid, after permit expiry and repatriation?
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: DIY Indonesia Maid Permit & Passport Renewal « previous next »