Bandar Kinrara Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
25 October, 2014, 10:42:55 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
17477 Posts in 1410 Topics by 2345 Members
Latest Member: Credo_boi
* Home Help Search Login Register
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Vets in Puchong 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Vets in Puchong  (Read 15782 times)
husagi
Administrator

View Profile
« on: 01 June, 2008, 06:18:16 PM »

I'm told that there are 5 vet clinics operating in Puchong. Am listing down a couple that I know well. I don't have info for the other 3 clinics, nor am I familiar with the vets there, so I can't comment on them. If you're familiar with the other vets in the area, please post and provide a review.

1. St Angel's Animal Medical Center
Address: 56 Jln Bandar 13, Pusat Bandar Puchong
Tel: 03-5891-1884
In-house Vets: Dr. Ding, Dr. Irinda Toh, Dr. Nancy Tong and a few others (it's a panel of 7-8 vets)
Clinic Hours: M-F 10am-7:30pm / Sat 10am-5:30pm / Sun & Public Hols 10am-3pm

Pros: Depending on which vet attends to your pet, they are very compassionate and will go all out to save your pets. Pricing is quite reasonable (e.g., vaccination is RM35 for cats, cat neutering is RM105-RM125, castration <RM100).

Cons: New vets come and go, while the more experienced ones are not so often seen at the Puchong clinic for the past couple of years (or maybe, I haven't been going at the right time. haha.). Sadly though, I keep seeing new faces, giving me the impression that they've got a high turnover rate.

Others:
a) Boarding services for dogs and cats are available. RM12 per cat per night, RM16 (for small to mid-sized dogs, I think) per dog per night.
b) The clinic also houses a pet shop - not sure how its pricing is rated against other conventional pet shops.
c) The above-named vets are the regular ones whom I recommend.
d) You can quite easily obtain medication over-the-counter (e.g., deworming tablets, tick/flea medicine)
e) The vets (particularly, Dr Ding) are exceptionally helpful with putting strays up for adoption. Will waive their fees if you send in poor kitties and pups for treatment, and may go as far as putting them up for adoption for you too, if I'm not wrong. Case-by-case basis - you'll need to inquire within.

2. Urban Paws Animal Clinic
Address: 25, Jln Puteri 5/20 Bandar Puteri
Tel: 03-80633708
In-house Vet: Dr. Dom Linggir Agas
Clinic Hours: M-T 9:30am-1pm,3pm-7:30pm / Sat 10am-5pm / Sun 10am-2pm / Closed on Fridays

Pros: He's a very good vet -- used to work with St Angel's -- caring and compassionate, and will tell you everything you'll ever need to know about your pet. If you want 110% attention for your pet, Dr Agas is the vet for you.

Cons: His clinic is very new (opened only a couple weeks ago) and currently a one-man show, so don't expect too much, but be rest assured that he'll take good care of your pet.

Others:
a) Provides boarding services too, although he tries to discourage people from boarding with him at the moment cuz he's short-handed. Charges RM15 per cat per night; not sure about dogs.
b) Recommended that you call ahead before going there (esp. on weekends), to make sure the vet is around. If you want his mobile phone #, PM me (cuz I don't feel right publicizing people's private contacts without their permission).
c) He will assist with rescuing stray animals too, at no charge. He will also assist in finding a home for the stray, but the onus is still on you to play a bigger role in putting the animal up for adoption.
Luke7689

Lucky Luke

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: 03 June, 2008, 03:44:58 PM »

rrrr.... arf-arf.... rrr arf-arf-arf.... rrrrr arf-arf-arf

hssss..... meow

I take my hats down for all animal lovers.  I only have plants for pets.
sheilasantha
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 21 February, 2010, 08:06:22 PM »

Thanks Husagi. I (I mean my dogs) am a regular at Dr. Agas' clinic at Puchong. He really takes the time to talk to you about the health of your dog and gives tips about behaviour and diet etc. He always makes time for you and you know he is passionate about animals. I did go to another vet several roads away near a tyre shop but he wasn't that good and he gave us all sorts of treatments week after week that didn't work with no explanation, just hefty bills. In desperation, I tried Dr. Agas and he helped my pet get well in no time. To animal lovers in Puchong, you should try Urban Paws.
husagi
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 26 February, 2010, 02:58:27 AM »

sheilasantha, I'm glad to know that you've had a positive experience with Dr Agas. Indeed, he's passionate about animals. And he's more likely cheaper than any other vets in the area, because he tries his best to recommend the most cost effective treatment for your pet... that's my experience so far.

Pet owners should take note, however, that his clinic is not 100% equipped with all the gadgetries that you'll find at a larger practice. So for example, if your pet needs to go for teeth scaling, you'll have to go elsewhere because his clinic presently doesn't have the facilities required for this procedure.
mastura

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 26 February, 2010, 11:11:25 AM »

I've had good experience with my cats at St Angel, ever since Dr Agas was there.  I think in the past year or so the turnover has not been too high, because whenever I go there I see mostly the same faces.

However, does anybody have any 'emergency' number for vets?  I had the most horrible experience last December when my cat got run over and it was a Sunday evening and I was frantically driving all over the place with my injured cat in the car, looking for a clinic that was open.  I managed to get some so-called emergency numbers but none of those I called answered the phone. 
husagi
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 26 February, 2010, 03:27:37 PM »

Hi mastura,

I can PM you Dr Agas' mobile number if you'd like. I don't think he'll mind if you need emergency assistance from him. StAngels' used to publish their emergency mobile contact on their biz card once upon a time but I don't see that anymore on their latest biz card... maybe number not in service anymore...

I still go to St Angel's for certain things. You're right that their vet turnover has not changed for the past year. I hope it stays that way for a while.
mastura

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 26 February, 2010, 05:04:33 PM »

Yes please, husagi.  That would be very helpful.  I wouldn't want to go through all that again :(

Thanks a lot.
vtha7
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 07 March, 2010, 07:34:50 PM »

hi, can I have mobile number of DR Dom, i use to go to St Angel's and after Dr Dom left, i have no contact of him. Now i would like to contact him back regards to my dogs medical check up again...He is the best of all I have consulted.
blackright

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 04 December, 2011, 02:13:57 PM »

There is another new clinic right behind of Giant Kinrara

Kinrara Vet Center
www.kinraravets.com
the doctor came back from UK, quite friendly and very good in solving problems with animals. Brought my dog over for once only he manage to solve the prob alrd. Saw some ppl bring exotic pet there too.
Michel38
N00b

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 19 December, 2011, 01:32:11 PM »

i always visit to kilinik wawasan and surgery in puchong jaya, they are very good and helpful vets - 3 chinese doctors over there. however my poodle's health condition seems no much improvement, so i am thinking to try out other vet.

this morning he's not eating again. last night he was coughing all the time, he just making sound like "ah heng, ah heng, ah heng" without opening the mouth, once a while he will cough loudly. we are so worry about him. now my wife brought him to klinik wawasan again and lodge him there for day time. i will fetch him back at night night when i off from my job.

please let me know if you know any good vet around the puchong area. thanks a lot in advance.
Tarence1978

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 03 January, 2012, 08:31:36 AM »

I`ve had good experiences at a vet in Tmn Petaling, PJ. Gasing Veterinary Hospital. They are housed in a 2 storey building & have facilities for surgery etc.

They also have a clinic in Brickfields which is in a very congested & crowded area, hence the opening of a 2nd one in PJ.

Dr Prem Anand & his team of dog-lovers have attended to my dogs & my auntie`s pooches very well. It`s a lil far from us but they open early at 8a.m. to 8 p.m. & they are open on weekends too. I see a lot of exotic dogs & dog owners there but the prices remain competitive.

What my aunt & I have done there for our dogs :

1. Dental scaling
2. Gall stone ( previous dog, it had a sharp gall stone which tore it`s insides & paralysed its back legs + other problems, was put to sleep)
3. Testicle removal ( undescended )
4. Skin & ear problems
5. Yearly jabs

Just go into Tmn Petaling from Jln Gasing, turn right & keep going ( abt 2km) until you see Petronas on your rite. Turn left at the shoplots opp Petronas ( don`t pass Petronas ). Go straight & the hospital will be the corner lot with its back to Petronas.

blackright

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 04 January, 2012, 01:07:25 AM »

i always visit to kilinik wawasan and surgery in puchong jaya, they are very good and helpful vets - 3 chinese doctors over there. however my poodle's health condition seems no much improvement, so i am thinking to try out other vet.

this morning he's not eating again. last night he was coughing all the time, he just making sound like "ah heng, ah heng, ah heng" without opening the mouth, once a while he will cough loudly. we are so worry about him. now my wife brought him to klinik wawasan again and lodge him there for day time. i will fetch him back at night night when i off from my job.

please let me know if you know any good vet around the puchong area. thanks a lot in advance.

if you're staying within bandar kinrara area, why not try Dr. Dev from Kinrara Vet? It is just right behind of Giant. He is superb, price is reasonable too. I've decided to switch my dog's healthcare to him for good ;D
blackright

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 04 January, 2012, 01:10:33 AM »

I`ve had good experiences at a vet in Tmn Petaling, PJ. Gasing Veterinary Hospital. They are housed in a 2 storey building & have facilities for surgery etc.

They also have a clinic in Brickfields which is in a very congested & crowded area, hence the opening of a 2nd one in PJ.

Dr Prem Anand & his team of dog-lovers have attended to my dogs & my auntie`s pooches very well. It`s a lil far from us but they open early at 8a.m. to 8 p.m. & they are open on weekends too. I see a lot of exotic dogs & dog owners there but the prices remain competitive.

What my aunt & I have done there for our dogs :

1. Dental scaling
2. Gall stone ( previous dog, it had a sharp gall stone which tore it`s insides & paralysed its back legs + other problems, was put to sleep)
3. Testicle removal ( undescended )
4. Skin & ear problems
5. Yearly jabs

Just go into Tmn Petaling from Jln Gasing, turn right & keep going ( abt 2km) until you see Petronas on your rite. Turn left at the shoplots opp Petronas ( don`t pass Petronas ). Go straight & the hospital will be the corner lot with its back to Petronas.

Hi Tarence, I've been to Gasing for a couple of times quite some time back. If not mistaken they do emergency hour as well, right? I like Dr. Prem too, but prob is the distance, especially during peak hour, road jam like shit to town :'( I've tried Dental Scaling and treatment for open wound ( deep cut with maggots).
Tarence1978

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 04 January, 2012, 09:15:30 AM »

Hi Tarence, I've been to Gasing for a couple of times quite some time back. If not mistaken they do emergency hour as well, right? I like Dr. Prem too, but prob is the distance, especially during peak hour, road jam like shit to town :'( I've tried Dental Scaling and treatment for open wound ( deep cut with maggots).
[/quote]

hi blackright,

i`m not sure about the emergency hour, i`ll have to find out. usually i go on sat or sun morn`s so the traffic then is almost nil. i usually arrive there at 8a.m. & would be their 1st customer of the day. *smile* once or twice a year is ok unless there is some health problem.

Yes agree, weekdays the traffic is torture but I like their expertise & care.   
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
Bandar Kinrara Community Forum  |  Community  |  General Discussions  |  Topic: Vets in Puchong « previous next »